Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Symptoms

They say that, other than fatigue, every PWC experiences a different set of symptoms.  But from what I've read on CFS message boards, most of us share the majority of our symptoms.  We just list them in different orders.  Everyone lists fatigue first.  After that, some list IBS, others sore throats, others insomnia, and on down the list.

Here's my list, cut and pasted directly from the list I gave to my doctors:

100% of the time
1.  Fatigue.  Amount of sleep has no effect.

60-80% of the time
2.  Kidney area swelling/discomfort.  Bilateral
3.  Shortness of breath.  Both at rest and walking.
4.  Sniffles.  Post nasal drip.
5.  Sore throat.
6.  Low blood pressure.  Dizziness on standing.
7.  Loss of appetite.  (Lost 15 pounds in first month.)

Occasionally
8.  Insomnia – once or twice a week.
9.  IBS-type symptoms
10.  Swollen glands.  Neck and right armpit.
11.  Loss of concentration.  Forgetfulness.
12.  Tenderness and swelling in the abdomen.

Rarely
13.  Headaches
14.  Groin pain
15.  Muscle twitches

No comments:

Post a Comment