Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ridiculously optimistic, bright-side post # 4

I'm introducing a new theme to the blog today.  For better or worse, I tend to be a relentlessly optimistic person; the type who seeks to find the "bright side" of even the most frustrating situations.  I occasionally have these positive thoughts with respect to ME/CFS.  (Yes, there is a bright side there sometimes.  You have to look very hard, but it's there.)  So, I decided to start blogging these points periodically, under the tag "Ridiculously optimistic, bright-side post #__", or ROBP for short.

I figure, there are already plenty of blogs that seek better awareness of ME/CFS by highlighting the seriousness of our illness.  Those bloggers fight an important fight, for which I respect them immensely.  But I feel that, in staying true to myself, and true to the very title of my blog "Quixotic," I need to focus on the bright side of things.  As the negatives aspects pile up, I think it's important to remember that there are some positives to help balance things out slightly.  In that spirit, I am retroactively designating three old posts as ROBP numbers 12, and 3.

And here, my friends, is number 4:

I'm not sure how to put this... Um... Hopefully we can all be adults about this so I'll just come right out and say it.  I'm 1000% less flatulent than I used to be.  Undoubtedly, this is due to my change to a low carb diet.  But, I mean, wow!  I hardly ever have the urge to pass gas any longer.  I didn't even know that was possible!  My wife thanks you for that, ME/CFS.  I thank you for that.  That's got to be a sign of better GI health, doesn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment