Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Need a laugh? A relatable Onion article

For those that aren't familiar, The Onion is a satirical newspaper that writes hoax news items, typically in Associated Press style.  This Commentary piece is supposed to be relatable to anyone who's had to suffer through another's detailed account of their fitness routine, but I found it especially relatable as a PWME.

I hate to admit it, but there was a time in my life where I might have been on the giving end of a few insufferable speeches like this.  Now that I'm sick, I can't stand to hear other people talk about their athletic pursuits.  Is this Karama?  Is this what I sounded like to other people?  God, I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment