Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Thursday, December 19, 2013

What fills me with inexplicable rage (ME/CFS related)

Before ME/CFS, there were only two things that filled me with irrational anger and irritability: The first was any scraping of a metal bowl (such as from a mixer) with a metal spoon. Metal on metal....I just hate it.

The second was someone chewing cereal or an apple loudly, especially with their mouth open.

Now thanks to ME, I have a third one, and it's when people have sneezing or coughing fits. I just want to yell at them, "Get ahold of yourself, Typhoid Mary!"

I'm trying so hard to not let my anger at my nice coworker show, but I'm afraid she knows I loathe her right now.  You should see her -- she looks like she just wrestled a bear in the arctic; hair all a-mess and nose as red as a wino's.  Why is she here?

It's bad enough to expose fully healthy co-workers to your germ-y hands and foul air, but to do it to immuno-compromised people?  That's beyond the pale.  And I don't mean to just pick on her -- there are a ton of people walking around in public this time of year like the goddamn walking dead.  *Sigh* I shouldn't be too hard on her, she's a good person just trying to make a living for her family.  The point is more about me -- the changes that ME/CFS has brought over me and my outlook on certain things.     

(Side note: I had to add the "ME/CFS related" parenthetical to my title because I know from past experience that if my title is not ME/CFS related, I start getting unwelcome visits from all over the internet.  And let's just say I don't want to meet the people who search "inexplicable rage.")

No comments:

Post a Comment