Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Monday, March 24, 2014

Low potassium confirmed

Last week I wrote a post about how I had used my daily health chart to solve the mystery of a mysterious crash.  I had pinpointed the cause to low potassium.

This week I received the results of a Urine Essential Elements test, which I submitted to Dr. Yasko in early March. Written all over the results, in Dr. Yasko's handwriting, was "Potassium is needed" and variations on the same.  It was nice to have that official confirmation.  I was right.

I'm reminded again that, while these various supplement and treatments help, they require a careful balance that has to be monitored periodically.  We're experimenting with "repairing leaks" and "patching holes" in ways that that simply don't have much history.  There's no manual.  Because of that, I sometimes feel like I have to treat my health maintenance like a job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment