Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Tracking my efforts to beat Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), aka CFIDS, aka CFS

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Dr. Cheney's protocol - some thoughts

Health Rising has a 3-part article from a patient who blogged about Dr. Cheney's ME/CFS protocol - at least the version he's offering to this particular patient.  (Based on the accounts we read from his patients, Dr. Cheney's protocol always seems to be evolving as the good doctor searches for the ultimate combination of treatments.)

I'm posting a link to the 3-part article (below) because it dovetails with something I've been thinking about recently:  I must find a way to be more comprehensive and systematic with my ever evolving treatment plans.  I work with two doctors who want to go in different (not necessarily inconsistent) directions with my treatment plan.  I also use a handful of treatments that I've simply picked up from "the community."  With all this disparate input into my treatment regimen, I need to make sure that these treatments are all consistent with one another and that I've got all my bases covered.  

I think most of us recognize that ME/CFS is a multi-system disorder and that, in the absence of a cure, we end up treating each broken system as best we can.  But when treating different systems, seeing the "big picture" is one of the greatest challenges.  If you have doctor like Cheney who sort of specializes in seeing the big picture, then you're ahead.  But my two doctors have more narrow focuses, so the job of seeing the big picture falls to me.  

In short time, I'm going to post my new plan for making sure my treatments are consistent and all my "broken systems" are being addresses with at least one treatment that is consistently recognized as effective by ME/CFS doctors and the community.  Until that post, here is the 3 part article I referred to above....



No comments:

Post a Comment